Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter weekend

Now that the dust has settled I can share with everyone about our Easter weekend. It's been a long a crazy week leading up to Easter, at least for mommy that is. Our church did some major up grades to its sounds and lights and even the stage got a bit of a face lift. I work the lights for our church. So with new lights installed and Easter fast approaching I had the fun task of getting them all programed into our services. We have 4 services for our church, 3 of which are at the main campus. So when I say Easter weekend, I really do mean it was a weekend. We were at church Saturday afternoon for hot dogs and the Easter service, then again on Sunday morning, at least Ella and I, for the other 2 services. Once I was done with my church duties, we had a nice Easter dinner with Grandma and Papa. They drove down just for the day and we had a lovely time. We had a simple, but elegant dinner of ham, asparagus, deviled eggs and carrot cake. Ella got a zhu zhu pet, a new quilt, and clothes from her grandparent. The Easter bunny brought her two veggie tale dvd's, some bath tub flash cards, and a plush puppy.

Snuggling under her new quilt made by grandma with her new zhu zhu pet and puppy

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Ella in her Easter dress or of her Easter basket. With all the craziness at church, I just didn't have the time to take pictures before church. I was going to do it after church, but then Ella fell and hit her cheek and got a nice bruise, so I didn't want to get pictures of her all banged up. I did, however, get pictures of her dying eggs. This year was the first year we dyed eggs and Ella did a great job. She told me when the tablets stopped fizzing so I could add the water and she told me which egg should go into which color. She also seemed to know when it was just the right time to take the eggs out and put more in. She did a great job of not making a mess and the only spill we had was at the end and no damage was done to any clothing. So here are some pictures that we have of our Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment